Key Specs of Eicher Pro 1080
January 2, 2020: The Eicher Pro range has established itself as a range that offers the likes of Best-in-class fuel efficiency, High legal payload, long service intervals, best-in-class comfort and much more. With a model effectively at every 500kg payload and every half feet of length, the Eicher Pro series offers something for every type of application. The Eicher Pro 1080 is among the most popular medium duty Eicher Pro models in the market. It has a maximum permissible GVW of 8250kg and has a kerb weight of 2850 Kg for 3515mm wheelbase DSD variant, while the maximum legal payload rating is set at 5400kg for the same variant.
The Eicher Pro 1080 is offered with a choice of two-vehicle configurations - Cabin & Chassis and Cabin with load body options. The load body options further have three options - Fixed Side Deck, Drop Side Deck, and High Side Deck. The Loading spans are also of four different lengths – 12 ft, 14.1 ft, 16.2 ft, and 17.6 ft. The wheelbase too is offered with a choice of four separate lengths - 2815 mm, 3515 mm, 3765 mm and 4065 mm. The ground clearance for all variants is 210 mm.
Powering the Eicher Pro 1080 is the company’s BSIV compliant 4 Cylinder 3298cc Eicher E483 CRS diesel engine with EGR Technology. This engine produces a maximum power output of 110bhp made at 2800rpm while the peak torque rating of 350Nm arrives in the low 1400-1600rpm range. The transmission duties are taken care by an Eicher 35M 5R 5-Speed manual gearbox with hybrid gear shift lever mated to a 310mm single plate dry type clutch. The top speed is limited at 80kmph and the Eicher Pro 1080 offers a gradeability of 24%. The fuel tank capacity is 100 liters.
Eicher Pro 1080 Price List
Eicher Pro 1080 Comparision with Similar Truck
Eicher Pro 1080 - Expert Review
Eicher Motors and Volvo group joined hands for a makeover of the commercial vehicle industry in India and hence the Eicher Pro Truck series was launched subsequently in the year 2013. Now, after a couple of years later, the Volvo Eicher (VE) Commercial Vehicles venture has carved a niche for itself with the best in class Pro series trucks and Pro 1080 is holding the flag in 5-14 tonnes weight category.
Eicher Pro 1080 has all the Series specific features like optional AC, cruise control and telematics, while it's newly developed and now trusted engine technology produces effective performance and mileage. Its suspension, axles, brakes and body material has also been chosen to ensure top-notch safety.
The cabin is well-designed with cozy enough seats, GPS and other driver-friendly utilities. Talking about the applications, it could be a good distribution truck, FMCG goods carrier, construction material supplier and its aluminum container variant could be used for fluid material transportation.
Engine - E483 4-Cylinder Intercooler with Turbocharger Diesel
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW): 8,250 kg
Wheelbase: 3,515 mm and 3,765 mm
Power Steering: Yes
Engine and Performance
Packed with VE’s E483 4-Cylinder 3,298 cc Intercooler Turbocharged Diesel engine, Pro 1080 gets 93 bhp power @ 3,200 rpm and a peak torque of 285 Nm @ 1,440 rpm. This much output is able to not just move, but make the truck run on not-so-friendly Indian roads with full load.
More to the performance, the 5-speed transmission gearbox with hybrid GSL takes it to a top speed of 90 km/h and is able to achieve decent gradeability of 24%. Paired with 275 mm diameter Single Plate Dry Type clutch, gear transmission is smoother and the BS-III emission norms keep the trip environment friendly.
Vehicle Built and Load Capacity
Available in 2 wheelbase options of 3,515 mm (A) and 3,765 mm (B) with turning radius of 6,900 mm and 7,300 mm, respectively, the cargo body length sits at decent span of 4,315 mm and 4,960 mm. Both the 2 wheelbase options are available in 4 body types each, i.e.; Cabin and Chassis (CAB), Fixed Side Deck (FSD), High Side Deck (HSD) and Drop Side Deck (DSD) with an Aluminum Container option available only with 3,765 mm wheelbase. However, the Ground Clearance and Cargo Body Width of all the variants is same 210 mm and 2007 mm.
The payload capacity and kerb weight of A & B are 5,460 kg and 2,790 kg & 5,130 kg and 3,120 kg, respectively, but the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is same, 8,250 kg. Although its Aluminum Container variant has the GVW of 8,750 kg with payload capacity of 6,555 kg and kerb weight of 2,195 kg. Its 100 Litre Fuel Tank capacity ensures that it travels intermediate distances with ease.
Handling and Suspension
With Vacuum Assisted power steering, which is able to tilt 6 degrees and move 30 mm telescopic, the drivers need not to put much effort in while moving the truck forward or reverse, on sharp turns or on highways.
Supporting the bump-free drive, there are Semi-Elliptical Laminated Leaves with Shock Absorbers acting as the front and rear suspension. Also, its Forged I Section Reverse Elliot Type front axle and Fully Floating Banjo Type rear axle distribute the weight efficiently for better balance on different roads.
Braking and Safety
Eicher Pro 1080 is equipped with Hydraulic Service brakes with Air Brakes available as an option, Standard Automatic Vacuum Assisted Exhaust brakes and separate parking brakes. This whole braking system with 7.50 x 16 - 16 PR tyres are able to stop the truck at any given instant irrespective of the roads.
To enhance the safety more, there are seat belts, high strength material manufactured cabin and robust base structure so that the occupants stay safe during any mishap.
Design and Comfort
Eicher has developed Pro Series with many changes and the design part is now better than other contemporary trucks. This Pro 1080 also has some tweaks, though not as good as the other heavier members from same series, but significant enough to be noticed. The front radiator grille has a new design with re-shaped headlights, aerodynamic cabin design with foot steps to climb and wider windscreen.
Inside the cabin, there is AC option available with other options like telematics, GPS, cruise control and stereo. The seats are also comfortable enough to counter trip fatigue and the instrument cluster has many warning buzzers like for over acceleration, battery and lights making the overall interior decent.
Eicher Pro 1080 User Reviews
This truck is just okay
- 01:24 minsEicher Pro 1049 - Mangaram's Story | TrucksDekhoJan 25, 2017
- 00:43 minsEicher Pro 8049 Truck - Product Film | TrucksDekho.comJun 24, 2016
- 00:43 minsEicher Pro 8031T Tipper | TrucksDekho.comJun 22, 2016
- 02:34 minsEicher Pro 1110XP with AFC and Hexa Drive Technology | TrucksDekho.comJun 21, 2016
- 04:09 minsEicher Pro 3015 - 9.9 Ton Truck | TrucksDekho.comJun 21, 2016
Other Eicher Pro 1080 Trucks
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1110From ₹ 11.30 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1049₹ 8.33 - ₹ 8.62 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1059₹ 10.23 - ₹ 10.63 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 3015From ₹ 17.31 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1110XP₹ 12.61 - ₹ 15.22 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1095From ₹ 10.24 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1114XPFrom ₹ 13.50 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1095XPFrom ₹ 10.24 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1075From ₹ 9.03 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1059XP₹ 11.66 - ₹ 12.43 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1090From ₹ 9.40 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1059 CNGFrom ₹ 9.70 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 3016 AMTFrom ₹ 21.23 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1050From ₹ 10.77 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1055₹ 10.16 - ₹ 10.37 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 3014From ₹ 14.00 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 3016₹ 20.71 - ₹ 23.67 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 3012From ₹ 14.00 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 8031T₹ 46.20 - ₹ 48.18 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 8049 6x2From ₹ 31.36 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 5040From ₹ 27.77 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 8031XMFrom ₹ 52.39 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1055TFrom ₹ 8.75 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1080XP(DSD)From ₹ 9.00 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 6025T TMFrom ₹ 29.98 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 8049 6x4From ₹ 34.17 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 6040From ₹ 25.15 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 8025TFrom ₹ 39.52 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1055KFrom ₹ 10.37 Lakh*
- Eicher Eicher Pro 1055DSDFrom ₹ 10.85 Lakh*