Ashok Leyland upgrades ecomet range of trucks
Published On Oct 12, 2021
To take on the aggressive rivals in the fast-growing ICV category, the re-branded and upgraded ecomet STAR will get a new style, features and packed with superior performance elements.
Making the much need upgrade to one of its longest-running trucks in India, Ashok Leyland introduced the ecomet STAR trucks in the highly demanding intermediate trucks category. The new ecomet STAR are more modern, stylish and packed with enticing features to make them more appealing to today’s demanding customers. The ecomet STAR trucks are suitable for multiple applications including in-demand e-commerce, parcel & courier, agri-perishable, poultry, white goods, FMCG, auto parts and reefer, construction material, market load, etc.
The ecomet STAR will cater 11T to 16T GVW ICV segment that promises higher fluid efficiency, better tyre life, longer service intervals and overall lower maintenance cost with greater Turnaround Time (TAT). All of this is to help better truck utilisation by making a best-in-class Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the fleet owners.
What does the ecomet STAR range promise?
- ecomet STAR is available in 11T, 12T,14T and 16T GVW haulage segment and 5 & 6 cum tipper segment.
- The load body options of 12ft to 24ft in CBC, FSD, DSD and HSD.
- Powered by the proven and reliable i-Gen6 technology 150hp engine that is capable of producing 450 Nm torque with higher fuel economy.
- Equipped with 6-speed overdrive gearbox and optimized gear ratios options to suit all haulage and tipper applications.
- The heavy-duty rear axle, suspension, frame and other aggregates offering higher durability.
- Innovative front metal facia gives lower maintenance and ease of repair.
- A new powerful round headlamp gives better night driving visibility.
- The day and sleeper cabins offer excellent driver comfort and safety
- Gets digital solutions like i-Alert (advanced telematics) and remote diagnostics.
- For a peaceful ownership experience, the trucks are now offered with 4 Yrs./4 Lacs Km warranty.
- Truck owners get access to the Industry’s widest over 3000 touchpoints for ease of access to sales and aftersales support, all supported by 24x7 customer assistance Uptime Solution Centre and extensive Service Mandi network.