Ashok Leyland launches ecomet STAR 1815
Modified On Aug 10, 2022 03:54 PM
The new 17.5-tonne GVW truck is suitable for multiple regional and long-haul applications like e-commerce, parcel, agri- perishable, cement, and Industrial goods
Expanding its medium-duty truck portfolio to offer a greater value proposition to its customer, Ashok Leyland, India’s top truck maker today launches the ecomet STAR 1815 truck in the 17.5 T GVW category. The new truck comes with a promise of higher payload capacity and delivers superior mileage which makes it a highly productive vehicle for any fleet customer. This new medium-duty truck is aimed at long-haul customers seeking higher payload with 4-cylinder engines for faster turnaround time.
Speaking on the occasion, Sanjeev Kumar, Head- MHCV, Ashok Leyland, said, “Ashok Leyland is complimenting the rapid growth of ICV segment by regular launch of differentiated products. With the new Ecomet STAR 1815, we set our footprint in the 17.5T segment and ensure higher profitability for our customers in logistics, e-commerce, Parcel, Agri- Perishable, Cement and Industrial goods applications”
- HigherPayload of 11.74T with20ft High Side Deck Configurations of cargo body
- Promise of Higher mileage across all operating cycles for better revenue and profit.
- Powered by H Series engines with 150Hp and 450 Nm torque
- 295/90 R20 Tube Tyre
- 5 Loading Spans - 20ft /22ft /24ft (with Day cabin) and 20ft & 22ft (with Sleeper cabin)
- HSS (High Strength Steel) frame (7mm thick) and load body
- 10-wheel bolt Front & Rear Axle
- Available in the new white colour cabin
- New digital dashboard with Advanced Digital Driver Assist (ADDA)
- Spacious, sturdy, state-of-the-art cabin
- Advanced telematics (i-Alert), remote diagnostics with 24×7 customer assistance through Uptime Solution Centre
Truck makers are trying to woo customers with innovative products that serve the precise needs of the fleet, also perform better, and enable greater total-cost-of-ownership. The new Ashok Leyland STAR ecomet 1815 is part of the same strategy to offer a truck that matches the dynamic needs of the transport industry.
Want to buy a new truck? Check out the top trucks, pickups, tippers, auto rickshaws and mini trucks all at TrucksDekho. Find out on-road prices, explore features and technologies, compare, get deals on finance and insurance and locate the nearest showroom/dealership of brand in your city or town.