Ashok Leyland digital solutions help truck owners with better fleet-utilisation
Published On Feb 24, 2021
Putting customers profit and efficient fleet utilisation at the centre, the Chennai based truck major sees higher adoption of its digital tools that are now helping truck owners with considerable cost savings. The company says its digital platforms monitor more than 40 million km of vehicle run and 1 million hours of engine running in a day.
Embracing the new ways of customer engagement post-COvid-19, Ashok Leyland accelerates push towards the digital world. The company started the digital solutions journey back in 2017 has witnessed faster adoptions of its digital platform by customers as they achieve more and more efficiencies with considerable cost saving and better fleet utilisations.
The key digital solutions that were first launched include iALERT, Service Mandi, Leykart and eDiagnostics which were ‘Industry-Firsts’ at that time. The company further expanded this offering by introducing new user-friendly tools under its ‘Digital Nxt’ platform.
This included iALERT 3.0- An advanced connected vehicle platform, Uptime Solution Center- A transformative Uptime experience platform and AL Care- a one-stop app for customers to manage all their vehicle needs. According to the company combining both the offerings have increased the adoption of connected digital solutions that aims far lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction to truck owners.
Speaking on the company’s progress towards digital offering, Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland said, “As a leading player in the commercial vehicle space, our focus has always been to deliver the lowest Total Cost of operation (TCO) and thereby the highest profit to our customers. Our Digital Nxt Solutions, consisting of iALERT 3.0, Uptime Solution Center & AL Care, helps us to deliver on this promise. Our customers using these digital platforms have achieved significant cost savings, and on an average, we have facilitated 15% overall savings, which includes 5-10% of fuel savings and 15% improvement on fleet utilisation. These customer-centric solutions are a true extension of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’, and helps them through the entire product lifecycle. I am proud of our in house Digital and Connected Vehicle Technology Team who have developed these solutions and are continuously innovating on this journey, as we move towards a digital driven future.”
Key Digital Tools of Ashok Leyland
iALERT Connected Vehicle Platform
- Over 60,000+ customers owning over 1.5 lakh vehicles onboarded onto the iALERT Connected Vehicles Platform
- 10% to 15% Savings on Total Fuel Cost.
- 15% improvement in Customer’s Fleet utilization through data insights, increasing his productivity and revenue
- Multiple stolen vehicles recovered using iALERT solution
- AI-based Fuel fill & Pilferage tracking solution has on an average saved about INR 25 lakhs/month, for a customer with an average Fleet Size of 150 vehicles
- Customers can now manage/subscribe to all these Digital solutions through the convenience of a highly User-friendly Mobile App
Uptime Solutions Platform
- Dedicated AL Experts team monitoring all vehicles Pan-India 24x7 for any potential issues/breakdowns
- Numerous cases of critical vehicle breakdowns prevented till date, through proactive intervention
- More than 500 cases of remote service attention rendered to customer vehicles – Uptime Savings equivalent to 1000 Vehicle running days
- Leveraging our ground breaking ‘Over-The-Air’ technology, Ashok Leyland’s Uptime Solutions Platform has truly redefined the service experience for all its customers in the CV space