All-New Tata Ultra T.16 AMT BS6: Key USPs
Published On Apr 20, 2020
Among the first BS6 medium-duty product from market leader Tata Motors, the Ultra platform was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. This modern truck redefines the segment with the promise of performance and functionality with an AMT. We explore the key UPSs of this truly global truck.
Tata Motors Ultra range of trucks first launched in the 10-15T GVW categories have expanded to the higher tonnage medium-duty category as well. The Ultra platform is a blend of productivity and performance, established a distinct identity of contemporary look, comfort and safety.
Since the introduction, the Ultra range has been able to sway the customers in this highly competitive segment. Now with the advent of BS6 emission, Tata Motors aims to further strengthen its position, make the Ultra range more vibrant and give its customers even more compelling products. To achieve this dual goal, the company has showcased the Ultra T.16S, BS6 10T payload truck with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) at the Auto Expo 2020 in February.
The new Ultra truck is designed and developed to fulfill the fast-growing needs of the 10-ton payload segment, where the faster delivery of cargo and quick-turnaround time is vital.
Tata Motors has developed the Ultra T.16 for Indian operating condition and duty-cycles. The company believes, the Ultra T.16 will help redefine the domestic trucking industry with a relentless focus on performance. This new truck combines superior technologies and greater operating performance for the customers.
The Ultra T.16 sleeper truck delivers perfectly on several key performance areas. The truck is agile for all kinds of cargo transportation in any terrain and types of cargo. The Ultra T.16 is a truck that get a modern and contemporary cabin designed painstakingly with a walkthrough feature, with spacious interiors and Driver+2 seating configuration. With the new Ultra T.16, Tata Motors aims to make the truck owner and the driver equally happy and exciting.
The Ultra T.16S AMT is based on key characteristics including superior cabin comfort, higher vehicle uptime, minimal driver fatigue, more trips and higher revenue to the owner.
- New Generation (NG) cabin with appealing, futuristic styling & aerodynamic design with walk through feature, dual tone interiors, ergonomically designed with liberal storage space and enhanced safety features meet European safety norms
- Dashboard-mounted gearshift lever with cable shift mechanism, Tilt & Telescopic Power steering
- New-generation 5L Engine (180 HP Power and 700 Nm Torque @ 1100-1800 r/min) featuring best flat torque curve in Industry , best-in-class fuel economy on all applications and terrain, higher max torque over a wide band of engine rpm delivering superior drivability, lesser number of gear shifts coupled with superior wheel torque & best-in-class gradeability
- 6-speed G750 robust Automated Manual Transmission with optimised ratios, viscous fan with optimised operating temperature for FE improvement
- Superior interiors accentuated with optional features like telematics would go a long way in enhancing productivity as also the profitability of its operations
- Strongest chassis in its class with bolted design for increased modularity rolled from HSS 800 (high strength steel with high tensile strength) coupled with straight long member – multiple wheelbase options
- Front suspension is Parabolic Leaf for smooth ride and comfort at variable loads while the rear is Semi-Elliptical leaf spring with additional tuned shock absorbers
- AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) with Direct Drive Technology eliminates the increased driving fatigue and increases the pleasure of driving a smooth and effortless machine
Tata Motors continues to strive for an industry-defining product, and at the same time trying to offer more value to its customers, to help them do better in their transport business. The Ultra T.16S is yet another such product from the company to achieve exactly these goals.
The new product is likely to available for the customer for retail sales across all the Tata Motors dealerships.
Also Read: All-New Tata Signa 4830.T BS6: Key Features