All-New Tata Prima 3530.K BS6 Tipper: Key Features
Published On Apr 07, 2020
Tata Motors' facelift Prima 3530.K tipper is part of the new breed of high-power and efficient tipper range for the most challenging and tough mining applications.
Among the galaxy of BS6 trucks showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 by market leader Tata Motors, the 3530.K heavy-duty tipper was one major highlight.
We look at the new Tata Prima facelift 3530.K tipper equipped with a power-packed drivetrain of ISBe 6.7L- BS6- 300 HP engine and G1150 robust and reliable gearbox. This prima tipper is designed specifically to deliver high performance both in fuel efficiencies and superior TCO.
Like the rest of the prima rang, the 3530.K gets the state-of-the-art next-generation non-sleeper cabin and 4-point mechanical cab suspension with hydraulic cab tilt mechanism.
The 3530.K gets an appealing front facia with refresh exteriors, Tata Trust bar and interiors almost resemble that of a car; like the ergonomically designed stylish dashboard.
Tippers find application in deep and light mining and surface transport such as coal, ores and construction. These applications are highly demanding, arduous and operate in extremely difficult duty-cycles. Therefore, tippers are always used in most demanding operating condition and they have to be essentially well-build with superior aggregates to perform in such challenging conditions.
The 3530 K tipper is 35T GVW comes with a powerful 300 HP engine which gets massive 1100 Nm of torque along with 53% of gradability in crawler-gear. The other key aggregates include the compensating linkage parabolic spring suspension at the front and heavy-duty bogie suspension with upward U bolt at the back. The front axle is heavy-duty straight, the rear is planetary hub reduction, fully floating axle shafts. The chassis frame is ladder type heavy duty with a bolted cross and side member are of channel section—the tipper is high quality 19 Cu.m scoop body.
Tata Motors prima range both the haulage and tipper range is the most modern and segment-defining trucks range in India.
Let's look at 3530.K notable features:
- Heavy-duty drivetrain to give an enhanced Total Cost of Ownership to the customer
- Multimode fuel efficiency adaptation through Gear shift advisor (GSA)
- Tilt & Telescopic steering column
- Shock-resistant soft-touch steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted switches
- Foldable twin accommodation co-driver seat and mechanical suspended seat, front headbox
- Washable molded soft trims
- New-generation dashboard with enhanced utility spaces (with dual glove box)
- Next-gen TFT Instrument cluster
- All-new 7-inch touch screen infotainment system with Android connectivity
- Projected headlamps with LED DRLs and intergraded cornering lamp, LED fog lamp, LED cabin roof lamp
- Anti-fuel theft system
- Best-in-class higher engine oil change intervals, airless DEF (AUS 32) injection for enhanced fuel efficiency
- Rear park assist with camera
- Hill-start Assist (H.S.A)
The modern features of 3530 are developed keeping in mind Indian operating conditions. Tata Motors is likely to offer a customized solution of this tipper to customers to pick and choose the most suitable relevant features to optimize the cost.
The Prima 3530.k is ideal for deep mining applications and truly a setting global benchmark in the tipper.